Looking to create an action plan? Follow these steps to put you on the right track.
Step 1 – Capture your vision by taking a look at the big picture
Picture where you’re going and what you want to get out of it. If you can envision it the more likely you are to receive what you are reaching for. A lot of people envision something and then decide they don’t deserve it. Your job is not to fall into that cycle.
Step 2 – Create a Roadmap
Once you have a firm vision set yourself a timeline. This could be a couple of weeks depending on how big your vision is.
It could be six months down the road or a year. I recommend starting with a year because if your dreams are big enough it gives you a great stopping point for an important milestone. Because a year feels like a lengthy amount of time you’ll identify key milestone throughout the year.
Step 3 – Jot down your accomplishments for next year this time
Once you have your year or timeline write down three to five things you want to accomplish at the end of the year. Make sure your goals are realistic or rather achievable goals. Incorporate into your thinking that fact that people achieve the impossible every day. Even though you are challenging yourself, if the goal is too big you’ll be more likely to let yourself down. This is something you know you can do because it is that important to you. Make sure you write your goals down and we’ll talk about accountability a little bit later.
Step 4 – Write down the actions you need to take to reach your goal
Once you have your timeline down we’ll talk about the things you want to accomplish by the end of that timeline. Go ahead and start writing down the action steps you need to take to get there. See an example below:
Plan in Action
- Goal: Start a Blog
- Need: Blogging Platform
- Items to consider: Do I want my own domain? If so I need to purchase it. Is it worth it? What if I have questions? What free resources are available?
- Start writing blog posts
- Determine the frequency (monthly, weekly, daily)
- Find an expert and ask for their tips and suggestions for beginners
- Research a blog domain and purchase
- Set a weekly goal: Every Sunday at 3pm I will write for 30 minutes. I will tweak my post the later that week and look for copyright free images or create my own using PicMonkey or Notegraphy. I will have XX number of weekly posts ready to go by the time I start my blog.
To help you get started I’m offering a 15-minute: How Can I Help You Session. Click here to get scheduled – can’t wait to chat!