Do you want to be a digital nomad?
Do you long to have the option to travel and work from anywhere?
Do you desire to be location independent?
Is money holding you back? Lack of opportunity? Tied down to a job you physically have to show up at? Not enough vacation days?
Trust me, I’ve had all of those excuses and more:
- I can’t afford to travel with student loans.
- My car isn’t paid off, I should wait.
- I just quit my job and finances are shaky, I should stay close to home where it’s “safe”
Those were the thoughts that ran through my head when one of my best friends said, “Hey, I’m headed down to Florida in June? Want to go down with me?”
“Yes!” Was my immediate reply – and that’s when I knew my desire to live and travel and take advantage of great opportunities out weighed my fears.
When a door in life opens, there are always excuses and reasons not to go for it.
Sometimes you don’t know whether or not it’s the right choice. Sometimes you aren’t sure it will work out after all.
Something might go wrong. You’ll end up in a worse position than when you started.
Maybe the opportunity is taking too long. Longer than expected. Maybe it’s a mistake.
And maybe it is wrong. Maybe it is a mistake. But maybe it’s the best thing you ever could have done and when you look back you’ll realize it’s the turning point.
You took a risk and it paid off.
You’re not alone.
I let fears hold me back sometimes, but each time I regret it.
Taking the opportunity to live and work for two weeks in Florida ended up being exactly what I needed.
I made sure to plan my days and set goals to be as productive as possible. I also scheduled time off for day trips and to have fun exploring!
Here’s what helped:
- A free place to stay with one of my best friends and her mom.
- A space to work from everyday with lots of coffee and a quiet place to go to make calls.
- The ability to take breaks for lunch at the beachfront or go on walks with my friend.
- When work was done I’d go out and socialize and spend time getting to know the people and the area around me.
- Because of the different environment, change of pace, and stimulating conversations, I found my imagination much more creative.
I walked away more motivated – because now I know I can travel and work from any location.
Plus, I love nature photography and was able to get several great shots on my iPhone 6.0. You can see the entire collection on Instagram. Now who wouldn’t be inspired with these views?
You can live a full life and enjoy your adventures. It all starts with being bold enough to say YES and go for it!
My ideal lifestyle is to travel the world and work location independent.