Are you on Twitter?
Today’s prompt for the 10 Day Social Media Challenge is:
How are you using Twitter to build your brand, engage with your community and find new customers?
Twitter is one of my favorite social media platforms. In fact most of my website traffic comes from Twitter.
I set up my account in 2009 and promptly forgot about it. But every now and then I’d read a great article or funny quote and proceeded to share it on Twitter and before I knew it the followers rapidly came along.
My Twitter followers grew quite quickly and here are a couple of reasons why:
- Complete your Profile – Twitter gives you the option to add an image, write a brief bio and add a cover image. Go ahead and take the extra step to full customize your profile to present yourself as an authentic account.
- Link It – if you’re comfortable sharing your Tweets with other networks link your accounts together so you can post one time have your posts go everywhere! Many people use a service to schedule posts and connect with others. I generally recommend Hootsuite to my clients since it’s one stop for all your social media needs.
- Post Frequently – when I come across something interesting online, I click to tweet right away. Since everyone is not on Twitter at all hours, it tends to catch people who are interested plus when people reply I get to have a fun, quick conversation right away. How am I able to post so frequently every day? Since I”m not on a computer all the time I use apps on my phone to post, tweet, retweet, mention and follow.
- Mention It – If you like a post, retweet it. Mention locations you check-in at or businesses you love or that great restaurant you ate at last week or that fantastic article you read. People love fans and before you know it
- Be Authentic – write posts you would like to read, which inspire others to favorite, retweet and click the link to read more about you. I don’t know about you but I enjoy fun, quirky posts. Above all I love to laugh which is why I have follow and retweet some accounts just for fun! (someecards for example).
Are you on Twitter? Connect with me @aford21
What helps you expand your reach on Twitter? Share in the comments below!