Normally I’m one of the first ones to hop on the new technology bandwagon and test out the latest and greatest.
Right now I’m impatiently waiting for the next iPhone release so I can swoop in and try out iOS 7 the first day it is available. My enthusiasm for technology has led me to become a self-learner from dabbling in programming code from Code Academy, learning HTML and more about CSS from W3Schools and content management systems (hello WordPress!). I’m a lead technology problem solver and love providing solutions, tips, training and shortcuts on anything from email marketing to content management.
Building an online community and business involves a lot of time and hard work.
Thankfully there is a ton of resources to help streamline the process of growing your online community and building your business. Today’s prompt for the 30 Day Blog Challenge is:
State your top three tools that you will use (or already use) to save time and money and make your online world more seamless
- CodeAcademy – I think it is important to have a grasp of technology, and this site awards you for completing a learning module, allows you to post your level of awesomeness to Facebook and Twitter and even has a page for your badges to display.
- W3Schools – most of my HTML and CSS knowledge comes from taking their hands on tutorials.
- Hubspot – offers a lot of free resources and also provides a paid inbound marketing solution. I haven’t used it yet but downloading their free resources has helped expand my knowledge.
- Netted – with a tagline of “Living Better Through the Internet” this site allows you to subscribe to their daily emails which informs you of the latest and greatest applications you can use to make your life easier. This site is another reason I have downloaded an absurd number of apps to my phone.
- Hootsuite – useful for publishing posts to all social media sites and managing them in one place.
- WordPress iPhone App – allows me to keep up with stats, comments and other notifications from my blog while on the go
- Square – an easy way to accept credit card payments or split a pizza with friends when no one has cash
- Bitly – an easy way to shorten links and track the clicks and easily share articles from my phone
What are the top online tools you use to manage your business and/or online community?